Job Posting – Regional Information Security Analyst
Closing Date: September 1 2023
Safeguarding information; mitigating risk; staying up to date on the most relevant security data and intelligences – sound like your ideal Monday to Friday? The Educational Computing Network of Ontario (ECNO) is seeking a Regional Information Security Analyst (RISA) to provide security support and services for member school boards.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Actively ensuring appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards are in place to protect member’s information assets from internal threats
- Working collaboratively with School Board staff to implement external security best practices including work in a “blue team” capacity for security exercises and testing.
- Developing security testing frameworks and methodologies appropriate for the school board context and perform internal security audits annually for each member School Board
It doesn’t end there, but you’ll definitely want to have some of the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma or equivalent Technical Training in a Computer Science or Information Technology discipline, or a minimum of 5 years’ practical experience in ITS, privacy, data analytics or related work experience roles.
- A proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff across multiple disciplines – you’ll need to know your stuff and be able to convey it to people of all levels of comprehension.
- Understanding of lifecycle data management (collection, use, transmission, disclosure, and retention of personal and/or confidential business information)
- Understanding of cloud computing security and privacy policies and procedures
Bilingual? Let us know! That’s a huge plus for us.
Packages must be received no later than Friday, September 1, 2023, by 4:00 p.m. and forwarded to:
Wayne Toms, Executive Director
PO Box 46007 Forest Glen
Kitchener, ON N2E 4J3
By email: email@example.com
Apply today for your opportunity to positively impact and advance IT security and services across Ontario classrooms.
Click here to see the full job description and posting